Friday, January 25, 2008

When Reality Clashes with Fast Food


I love the BK Mocha JOE!! I also love BK fries and their fish sandwich. I can't stand McDonalds. Wendy's, even Taco Bell and White Castle are okay in limited consumption, but ever since I watched Super Size Me, I've been an avid McD's opponent. However, their advertising campaigns are remarkable! "I'm Lovin' it." is recognizable no matter where you are in the world, and the same goes for the golden arches. McD's may have nasty food, but they've got a great ad campaign. However, design-wise, they're actually failing. In fact all fast food franchises are failing because they aren't contibuting to the life of humanity, they're offering high doses of cholesterol and sugars that put people in hospitals, on heart monitors, in waiting rooms, and in funeral parlors and graveyards. Anything can contribute to less years in life, but no one is promised tomorrow. We eat and eat and eat and then we look like the Big Boy in the picture—jolly, waited down by food, and fat. Obese is the pc term, but really, people are just too fat! I'm not a professional on any of this, yet, but I know I don't want to look like I've eaten too many Whoppers and not enough salads. Don't get me wrong, obese people are cool, if they're doing something about it. But you don't have to go on national TV The Biggest Loser to know how to lose weight. Just eat healthy. Eat tinier meals and EXERCISE. Even the gaming industry has figured out that people just sit around eating chips and playing video games, so NINTENDO created the Wii to get people out of their chairs and have fun!
I can't always say that I eat healthy, and I can't just blame obese people for what they look like, nor can I blame Fast Food for their outragous ideas about too many fries that never digest. I can only blame myself for not being a better person to help those around me when they need it.

The REALITY of it is that I posted this on here, not to vent, but to raise eyebrows and mix neurons to get people to understand that the way our system is set up sucks and we have to move ahead with better ideas, designing a world that our children won't hate us for. Think before you order and research before you checkout. That's reality.

No comments: